Prince Ali of Jordan declares intention to run for FIFA presidency again


Former FIFA presidential candidate Price Ali of Jordan has announced his intentions to contest in next year’s FIFA presidential elections.




The 39 year old announced his intentions in a speech in Amman saying he had “ come to far to walk away”.
“I've decided to launch my candidacy for the presidency of FIFA for the second time. Let me be clear, I want to finish what we started.” he said.
"We have come too far to walk away now. I have thought long and hard on this, I believe in the road we started, I believe in the moments I shared with people all over the world, who told me their hopes and dreams. My ambition now is to make FIFA worthy of representing the greatest sport and the greatest fans on the planet.” He added
"It is only through new leadership that FIFA can change I do not believe that FIFA can give this sport back to the people of the world without new leadership, untainted by the practices of the past. Since the last election, I have thought long and hard about how to reform FIFA. It will be a difficult task. We must overcome deep-seated corruption and political deal making."
Ali narrowly lost out to Sepp Blatter in May's poll - forcing a second round of voting, before standing down.

He is the fifth candidate to declare his intentions following decisions  by UEFA President Michel Platini, South Korea’s Chung Mong-Joon, Former Nigerian Footballer Segun Odegbami and Brazilian legend Zico, to put up their mandates in the race to replace Blatter as President of FIFA.

The elections will take place on February 26 during FIFA’s Extraordinary Congress.

All candidates have until October 26 to put up their mandates.
0 Komentar untuk " Prince Ali of Jordan declares intention to run for FIFA presidency again "

Back To Top